west lakes 2011

west lakes 2011

Monday, November 29, 2010

thanksgiving:]

guess where i am now?  i am sitting at my home computer. i was able to be home for thanksgiving, and we are here through tomorrow morning. it has been quite a blessing to see my family, because i have missed them dearly. i think my teammates were a little bit scared of my huge family when we went to atlantic for my moms side of thanksgiving... but they dealt with it, and i am happy that my extended family got to meet them. this thanksgiving i am thankful for lots of things. i feel so blessed to be a part of this ministry, it really is the perfect fit for me this year. i am thankful for my family who has loved and supported me in this crazy year off on the road. i am thankful for my teammates who create beautiful music, and are some of the most amazing people i have ever met. and i am thankful that so far, we have had good health while we have been on the road. i have been reminded lately that what i do with music isn't my own gift, but it is a gift God has given to me, and it is a gift that He has called me to use this year. i am having the time of my life doing it, and i am learning a lot along the way. some things i have learned: having three boys in a van a lot of the time can get pretty smelly. 19-20 year old boys can eat A TON of food. too much pizza is pretty much always a bad thing. XLR cords are used in a sound system to connect microphones and instruments to the sound board. finally, i have learned that i tend to bouce around and head bang when i play the piano standing up.
[thats all i have time to write for now, i have to go force my teammate bobby to get a hair cut because he looks like a stray dog. seriously.]
love to all,
hannah joy

No comments:

Post a Comment