west lakes 2011

west lakes 2011

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

happy february!

the last time i wrote, we were dealing with a lot of van and snow problems. i am happy to announce that since that post we only were stuck once in green bay! the weather teased me and acted like it was spring for about a week, and then we were hit with another blizzard. but we made the best of it, and stayed in cooking delicious warm meals and watching movies together. it was some awesome team bonding time. matt, bobby, and court all ate steak... and i bought a lunchable.[ i was just craving it, ok?] but due to this cold weather i have taken up using looms i bought at hobby lobby to make hats. it has been a super fun activity do on the snow days we keep hitting on the road. 
last sunday, we led a church service in conover wisconsin. it is a super tiny town that isn't even an actual town. its more like a village. but there is a beautiful church there overlooking an amazing lake. so we got to sing lots of my favorite songs, and during offering we sang my favorite hymn, which is "it is well with my soul." my favorite verse goes like this: my sin, oh the bliss of this glorious thought. my sin not in part, but the whole, is nailed to the cross and i bear it no more, praise the Lord, praise the Lord, oh my soul. after the service, an older man came up to me, and he told me that he loved the way i smiled while i sang. he said that my voice was great, but what stood out to him was the way i smiled all the way through our service. i don't usually take compliments to heart, it has just always been hard for me to take affirmation seriously. but when he said that, it made me really happy. it was just another one of God's reminders that i am in the right place serving Him this year.
on a different note, we found out that we are doing an event with 800 people at the wisconsin dells! i am super excited to worship with that many kids, and i am ready for an energy filled weekend! 
much love from the snowy roads of wisconsin,
hannah joy

No comments:

Post a Comment